Lit. of Comics Week 7/ Maus

 I read once this book when I was in high school with watching film named “The boy in the striped pajamas”,” Life is beautiful” and book named “The Diary of Anne Frank”. I am sure most of the people on earth know about the Holocaust. As one of them, I am educated about Nazi too. “Maus” is written by Art Spiegelman but the main character is his parents and another family who suffered from Nazi. Before I start, I really cared about choosing a word and I don’t want to describe this tragic by the wrong way so I hope your patient and understand if I do a mistake. “Maus” is cross directed by 2 types of time. Past and Present. And the story is separated 2 parts. In the first story, Vladek avoids Nazi at Poland with his family, and in the second part, he goes through Auschwitz. For an escape from Nazi, he offers everything he had and in the cold jail, he did everything that he can do for surviving. He lost most of his family by improper reasons like old age or have too many children. The tragic is not only during war. After the end of the war, memories of terrible violence are not let them in a peace. Vladek and Anja suffered from critical PTSD and it made them experience a series of misfortunes include their children. Anja had suicide at the end, and Vladek spent the lees of his life between of mental illness. They couldn’t escape from the war till they die. I am totally understanding and feel so sad because my country also had same time named by the colony, the people who survived the massacre still exist and their wounded heart is never cured. And it does not end on the older generation, it critically effects on next-generation mentally and politically. It occurs social depress and unhappiness is continued over and over. I have never been German but I heard they learn about Nazi essentially for avoid the same tragic. (It is same in my country too.) I hope more people read this book and realize something. I really hope it never be happened again.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Lit. of Comics, Week1 / The Arrival by Shaun Tan

Lit. of Comics Week 8 / Stereotype and the ethics of representation