Lit. of Comics Week 10 / manga and the japanese comics tradition


Battle Angel Alita “Last Order”

Globally many people love Manga, the Japanese comics and it includes my family. I’ve lived in the country beside of Japan so I don’t think it is weird, also Anime and Manga have different strong charming to compare with US comics and animation. I knew Battle Angel is famous and the story mood is quite serious and the story represents about the pain of war. Many cyborg style manga of 20th century describe the war and have a negative view of next century. So I though Battle Angel also have same contents and I didn’t read it. Because I’m already read Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, The Galaxy Express 999. So it was good chance to read. I really wondered why 20th centuries Japan made a lot of dystopia work. I heard that is the scar from II World war. They felt destroy of daily, family, country, people’s hope and they express the feelings through artistic work. “The Last Order” is the last series of Battle Angel, I couldn’t understand every content because I didn’t see every series but the detail of depiction was so amazing and I feel obsessive things from the drawing. Include Akira, is it also comes from war’s scar? I don’t know. I feel need to read more when I want.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Lit. of Comics Week 7/ Maus

Lit. of Comics, Week1 / The Arrival by Shaun Tan

Lit. of Comics Week 8 / Stereotype and the ethics of representation