class NOV.13 / Ms. Marvel vol.1,2 (week 12)

Week12: Ms. Marvel vol.1,2

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?

Really nice. This comic book is dealing with Teenagers and cultural problems...by setting the main character as Pakistan girl. It is important and serious subject can't see lightly and I think comics are a really good method to access the problem. Because comics have a friendly image of many people. This is a problem really exist in today and this is a daily-life to someone so it needs to be visualized as many as possible.


2.What connection did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the work with which you were able to connect.

As everyone knows, we need more hero who represents minorities in society. Especially in my case, I need more woman hero because I don't have any role model as a hero until I grown up. So I can surely Ms. Marvel have some connection with me. I could emphasize her emotion and a way of thinking when she has trouble with family, friends, society. Because of course, I was a teenager. I 'm so glad she is in Marvel hero group today.


3.What changes would you make to adopt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

My major is CA, so maybe I'll choose the medium between 2D animation or 3D animation.
I will use Maya tool by a computer for 3D or just pencil and papers for 2D. If I gonna do emotion or facial expression, I want to do by 2D work, but about action, definitely, want to use a computer because the pros and cons are different. Animating can make it more dynamic and easy to understand than just text. Also, the way of directing become diversify.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Lit. of Comics Week 7/ Maus

Lit. of Comics, Week1 / The Arrival by Shaun Tan

Lit. of Comics Week 8 / Stereotype and the ethics of representation